After a very dry Christmas on the Gold Coast, with fires and then weeks of flooding rain, insects Mother Nature has brought new levels of pests to Queensland homes.
All Aspects Pest Control has seen a rise in spiders and flying insects, including the dreaded mosquito, after the massive wet.
Keeping them under control is now vital for all homeowners amidst the Corona-virus outbreak. All Aspects Pest Control, as an essential service, is still here to help and we can walk you through how to keep insects away over the phone if we can’t visit your home.
Why am I seeing an increase in mosquitoes ?
After 3- 4 weeks of constant rain, and with such a large volume of stagnant water around, the breeding ground and food sources for mosquitoes has increased dramatically. Combined with a fast breeding cycle of 1 week and mosquitoes throughout the Gold Coast have been multiplying rapidly.
It doesn’t take long to see them in plaque proportions.
How to stop mosquitoes and keep them under control
- Eliminate water sources – empty old buckets, tyres or anything that can hold water.
- Keep your gardens well maintained and this will minimise mosquitoes and spiders.
- Mosquitoes are one of the most dangerous animals to humans; spreading disease like Dengue Fever and Ross River Fever, so it pays to get them treated
Spiders: Spiders everywhere
Unfortunately, the crazy summer weather has destroyed the spiders natural habitat, and they are looking for food, water and shelter. Spiders and mozzies tend to go hand in hand as mosquitoes are a great food source for spiders. Treatment for spiders is a very broad treatment. I often explain it as “wiping the slate clean”. We kill them all and yes they build back up over time.
Q: How long will treatment for Mosquitoes and Spiders last?
- With mosquitoes we can only guarantee a 3-month warranty because they fly and so have no habitat we can cleanse
- For Spiders, it is challenging to have a residual chemical effect on them as they have tiny, fingernail-like tips on each leg, which can prevent a 100% effective knock out. Expect a low population for the next 3-6 months at least
A good result from a pest treatment is a 60-70% knockdown rate. This will build back up over 3 – 6 months and we can return. Many of my clients who book this repeat service say it really helps.
We are COVID-19 trained to give you maximum protection
Keeping your home pest free during COVID-19
With more time spent at home as we ‘flatten the curve’ we are here to help you keep a good ‘social distance’ from those nasty insects and pests.
We are committed to the health of all our customers and employees and we will offer our services as long as it is safe to do so and for as long as the government deems us an ‘essential’ service.
If you’re in need of a Pest Inspection or you have more questions, call us today. We can help discuss your pest problem, and we can work with you to offer our regular in-person service, or to walk you through solutions over the phone
Queensland Government guide to Corona Virus
Guide to Spiders in Southern Queensland
Queensland Health – Mosquito Borne Diseases
Pest Control Services Information: